Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Alberni Golf Club Men's Night, Bulldogs HOME OPENER TONIGHT

Another fun night last night as I took part in the Alberni Golf Club's Men's Night.

A REALLY good night for me as I took home the long drive (they don't call me Hammer for nothing) and closest to the pin trophies.

Huge thanks to my teammates - Darryl, Duane, Cory and Club Pro Bruce MacDonald, too much fun!


This photo is the "shootout" which happens on the final Men's Night of the season. Every person who wins a closest to the pin prize over the summer qualifies for the season ending shoot-off for some very good prizes. Last night's two winners took home a set of irons and a new pair of golf shoes and 3 dozen Pro V balls. I guess I got my closest to the pin one week too late!

For those that are familiar with the course layout you'll recognize that the players are using the 8th tee and they are hitting back towards the 7th green. A neat concept by Bruce.

Ahem.
And another ahem. Bruce is the hand model for the long drive ball.
Bruce and the new Ping I15 driver. This thing is scary long, and pretty darn hot looking. Is it Christmas yet?
Handing out the prizes. Everyone gets one, if you can believe that. Hopefully we'll see you at Men's Night next year. I only made the last two events, but I don't think I'll miss one again!




And it's GAME DAY AGAIN as the Dogs open the home portion of their season when the Victoria Grizzlies visit the Pound tonight.

Catch the pregame show at 6:45, with the puck dropping after the conclusion of tonight's season opening ceremonies.

We'll have Bulldogs Head Coach Nolan Graham on the pregame show, and hopefully Vic Gervais, the Head Coach of the Grizzlies.

Alf Orton, the play-by-play voice of the Cowichan Valley Capitals (who are at the pound tomorrow) will be my second intermission guest. I'm not sure who will be my first intermission guest as of yet.

I'm excited to have Rick Schievink back in the booth providing colour and analysis. I sure needed him in Powell River last Friday!

To get ahold of Rick or myself during the broadcast, send us a note via email HERE

For a look from the Victoria side of things, check out this story from the Times Colonist by Sharie Epp, BY CLICKING HERE

It's been a hit, so it's back again tonight - THE LIVE GAME CHAT will kick off around 6:30pm so please visit the blog and join the chat as you listen to, or watch the game through the PPV video broadcast. Keep in mind I won't be interacting too much in the chat as the game broadcast is my ONLY priority. I'll try to check in from time to time though.

That's it for now I have to run.

More game day posts to come later - pictures, video, who knows what else! So be sure to check back!

No comments: