Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Pictures from the road, Bulldogs take part in Terry Fox Run....

I got a really nice email on Friday from a fan thanking me for bringing the "human" element out of the players that might not otherwise be seen behind the jersey and the helmet and the numbers....

I'm not sure I know exactly what the human moments are. Simply because all the guys are humans to me because I'm around them 24/7 on the road. I think it means the behind the scenes, but still in the public eye kinda stuff. The person, not just the player maybe?

Anyway thanks for the nice email, I will continue to try and show you that angle!

Like the fellas sharply dressed leaving the hotel....

The man behind the wheel. Ron Sandberg, Bulldog Bussie/Doggie Driver, all around amazing guy and a good friend!


Below is a picture of KANES. If you are ever in Powell River, you MUST go eat here.

Actually, this place is SO GOOD, that it is worth the trip to Powell River JUST to sample some of their fine food and drink and friendship from Lori and the crew.

And the memorabilia on the walls isn't too shabby either. This place is a LEGEND among the BCHL player ranks for their pre and post game meals.


Where I call the game from in Powell River. Not the best or most secure vantage point, but at the same time it's a unique view that's really close to the ice. It's nothing more than a hallway that allows people to traverse between both ice surfaces in the Powell River Recreation Complex. The people around me on Friday were all very nice.
The Terry Fox Run Sunday morning. Thanks to Jolie for taking these great pics.

The Alberni Valley Times has a nice piece today on the Terry Fox Run, including the winners in the 5km distance - the one that the Bulldogs elected to run:

1st place - Warren Muir 21:27

2nd place - Curtis Tonello 21:50

3rd place - Robert Lindores 22:19

Great job fellas!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! appreciate it hammer :) !