Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Cross takes Gold at World Police and Fire Games!

Here's the update from Travis....Congrats buddy!


Hello everyone. We just got home from the World Police Fire Games. I competed on Saturday at Douglas College in Couquitlam.

I took home the gold medal after winning 3 matches. 1st match vs Firefighter from New York2nd match vs Firefighter from Tempe, Arizona3rd match (finals) vs Policeman from India 

I wrestled well and really enjoyed the atmosphere of the WPFG. It was especially nice to have most my family there to watch and also friends, teammates, and colleagues from the Port Alberni Firehall.

I was definitely in my element especially due to the fact that Douglas College was my old stomping ground for my first few years after high school.

Thank you everyone for coming out to watch and cheer me on. This competition may be my last before World Championships in Denmark next month. Melissa and I are expecting a new baby any day and so we are at home patiently waiting. 

This was my first WPFG and I was very impressed with the organization and there was alot of comraderie and goodwill. I hope I get the opportunity to attend the next WPFG in New York, September 11, 2011.

Enjoy the summer. All the best to everyone. If anyone has good quality pics of the WPFG please send them to me. Mine didnt turn out so well.

Thank you. Travis 
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments: