Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Travis Cross to open Salmon Festival tonight, Bulldogs visit Clippers tonight, LISTEN TO THE PEAK ONLINE, Houter and Rossie are true beauties!

I am torn!

I don't know if I'd like to go down there tonight to set up at Salmon Festival for all of the coverage 93.3 The Peak will be providing all three days of the long weekend...And then head to Nanaimo to watch the Dogs visit the Clippers at the 'Crane at 7:30?

Or do I stay at Salmon Fest, eat the WORLD FAMOUS Kiwanis BBQ's Salmon Dinner, and watch Travis Cross at 7:00pm and then the Quality Food's fireworks presentation at 9:00pm!

Tough choices. On one side I would certainly enjoy the Salmon Dinner and seeing Travis speak. I would love to grab a quick video as well for the Blog. At the same time I really want to see this hockey game tonight!

I will be getting more than my fill of Salmon Fest over the next three days. I do my show from 10am to 3pm live from the festival grounds Saturday and Sunday. And then 10 to 1pm on Sunday.

Peak afternoon drive host Jolie McMullan will host 3pm to 8pm Saturday and Sunday, and 1pm to 4pm on Sunday.

The Peak is now STREAMING LIVE




Speaking about Jolie - she has done a great job recently getting our live Internet stream going.

And now it's going good, as far as I know!

Head to www.933thepeak.com and click the LISTEN LIVE button!

Adam Hout and Kevin Ross are beauties

Ok what's this all about?

First off- the guys might get mad at me for talking about this here. It happened last year when I got pictures on the blog and told the story here of when Daniel Moriarty and Adam Baldassarre joined in on a neighborhood road hockey game. I think it was maybe the first day off the team had in a long time. It was something that the guys did by their own choosing...not a team event or anything. They just saw the chance to have some fun and give some kids a story of a LIFETIME.

So I talked about it on the blog because I thought it was a story that NEEDED to be out there.

Sometimes this great game is about more than wins and losses and practices and attending school and on and on...the boxscores and paper headlines and radio interviews...It can be much bigger, and much more important than any of the above.

It gives you a chance to make a difference for people!

A little birdie emailed me some pictures of a birthday party in town that Adam Hout and Kevin Ross attended.

The story goes that the guys were invited through facebook to attend. Probably through the Adam Hout and Kevin Ross fan clubs.

Yes, you read right.... fan clubs!

People in the community and even the players themselves don't totally realize the role they can play off the ice in this city!

After getting the pictures emailed and hearing the story I contacted the birthday girl Kaicee Trott and asked her if I could tell the story and put up the pictures.

She said she would be THRILLED if I did, and she told me how great it was to have the guys come to her party. She says she is a huge Adam Hout fan, and she said that he and Kevin are great guys.

Kaicee- I agree....Way to go guys.
Above------- The boys and the birthday girl

Below - Kevin and everyone
Gangsta below, awesome!

I apologize to the parents of Adam and Kevin for bringing this story to light...I know these are the ones that make mom cry!!

Hammer

1 comment:

Superstar Fan said...

You're on fire Hammer - lotsa new posts and great info for everyone! Hey - how's married life treating you anyways??!! :)