Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, August 08, 2008

Port Alberni ready for THUNDER IN THE VALLEY 2008




I know Port Alberni is ready because I went up to Chances RimRock Gaming Centre tonight for the Show & Shine and if I had to guess I would say there was at least 1000 people. We were lucky to find a parking space in the Alberni Mall!

Hot Cars as far as the eye can see! This is just a low quality cell-phone video. But it might give you a little idea of the crowd and the cars!



Of course the real action out at the Port Alberni Regional Airport kicks off tomorrow with the gates opening at 8am and the racing beginning at 9. If you are heading out there, I might see you as I'm on-location for THE PEAK from 10am to 2pm.

Some quick do's and don'ts I picked up from Alberni Valley Drag Racing President Bill Surry when he was in for an interview on Thursday morning-

- DO NOT bring your pets. They aren't allowed on the grounds. If you leave them in your vehicles, they will just simply call the SPCA on you. And good on them for that!

- NO alcohol or smoking permitted on the grounds!

- Bring some shade or a hat and sunscreen
- Earplugs will be provided. It WILL be LOUD! It's called THUNDER IN THE VALLEY for a reason.

I am excited for tomorrow! There will be plenty of food and souvenir vendors out on the grounds for your pleasure, so bring a couple of bucks for eats and treats and a t-shirt or hat.

For ALL your questions, I suggest checking out the great website the folks at the Alberni Drag Racing Association have put together, BY CLICKING HERE

Some final pics before I end this- My favorite of the Show & Shine might have been the '32 Ford Deuce Coup that was signed by Jay Leno and John Travolta. Cool!
And the only ride I might be qualified to race...
Thanks for checking the blog!
Hammer

No comments: