Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremonies at 4am! Friday, Carly Haggard on THE PEAK Friday, Vacation Vids



Isn't it incredible it's here already?

I will be getting up earlier than usual, yes 4am tomorrow as the 2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremonies will be on CBC.

The Olympics are always an exciting and special time. Throw in the fact that a group of 63 supporters and fans from the Alberni Wrestling Group will be on hand to cheer on Port Alberni Wrestler Travis Cross...and it's even MORE exciting. So I'll be up early to hopefully see Travis wave to everyone back here in the Valley.

It's pretty cool to have a guy like Travis there, a guy I feel I know and I guy that I feel proud of supporting from the very beginning.

It's also really cool to get an email like this one that showed up in the inbox today from Travis as he's over there preparing for the chance of a lifetime:

Hi everyone. My trip to Beijing went smooth. It feels real good to be here. It is very well organized.

The food is phenomenal. We have opening ceremonies tonight and I am looking forward to that. I am enjoying every minute.

We have a really good training setup at the Canadian International School. We have a mat, sauna, pool, gym, nice dorms which we will move to tomorrow and stay there for about 8 days.

The athletes village is where we are right now and it is great. It is cool to see all these different athletes from every country and recognizing some from TV.

I hope you get a chance to watch the opening ceremonies. I will be giving you a wave.
Bye from Beijing.

Travis

Thanks for the update Travis. And BRING HOME THE BLING FROM BEIJING BUDDY!!

I am happy to report that THE PEAK is doing all we can to make it possible to get some updates from Tom McEvay and Tom Weegar as they are part of the 63 strong contingent over in China.

Look for further news on that here on the blog, and of course listen to 93.3 THE PEAK for more.

_______________________

A special congrats to local Wrestlers Isiah Taylor and Brianne Charles who took gold at the North American Indigenous Games down in Duncan recently. I received an excited phone call from Coach Preston Charles who was very excited about their accomplishments, as well as those of several other Wrestlers he coached that won gold. Way to go guys and gals!

_______________________

Be sure to catch Port Alberni Native Carly Haggard, as she'll be on the PEAK morning show tomorrow just after 8:10am to speak about the PASS Female Hockey School going in both Victoria and Port Alberni coming up in the next couple of weeks!

This next video is dedicated to EVERY single person that calls me a PRAIRIE guy. I AM NOT from the Prairies. No offense to those that are....but I am from the CANADIAN SHIELD. There is a HUGE difference. Just look at the below video and you will understand.

This video is taken about half a kilometer from my parents house where I grew up. Where the video starts and ends is looking right at their house. The video is taken from the "Scenic Tower" in the Baker's Narrows Provincial Park just outside of Flin Flon, Manitoba.

Show me some prairie as you watch!



And one last one- the famous Whitney Forum in Flin Flon. A classic barn for the ages, with the likes of Bobby Clark and Reggie Leach and many more once calling it home. Still a great rink 50 or so years later.




That's it for now....BED TIME!
Hammer




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont stand next to the rail cant you read the sign

Hammer said...

haha Kris...Standing their while the game is on might get you a puck in the back of the head from the fellow that runs the souvenir stand right behind it! I'm sure the sign is there for him alone!

Anonymous said...

The "H" is now in "CLIPPER" colors...trying to tell us something?

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you happen to know what day and time travis will be competing and if they will show it on tv??

Hammer said...

Is the "H" a better colour now?

For the record- I think it was COPPER before- A Bulldog colour. Maybe Bulldog Copper and Clipper Orange are much closer than we think? HA.

Regarding Travis Cross. He will wrestle starting at 6:30pm AUGUST 20th BC TIME.

CBC doesn't make any committments as to which specific event or athlete they cover at any given time, but from what Tom McEvay has told me, CBC is following Travis and loves his story. So hopefully that translates into some live coverage of him competing!

Hammer