Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ted Leonsis/Alex Ovechkin "Hockey Mom" blog, A new fundraiser for me, Conference Final predictions, VE Day.

Hello and happy Thursday!

For those of you that might be sick of the Washington Capitals love-fest on this blog lately- TOO BAD! hahaha.

Yes, I became enamoured with the Caps during their stretch run and playoff appearance. I always liked Ovechkin, and how could you not like the Bruce Boudreau story from the very beginning. After I started following the team more, I learned more about Caps owner Ted Leonsis and now incredible of a story and how cool of a guy he is. Mr. Leonsis could be described many different ways, but in my humble opinion the easiest and most accurate way to describe him would be to say that HE is the owner you want to own YOUR team. Without a doubt.

Exhibit A. Leonsis and Ovechkin. Just plain GOLD. Anyone who has ever played hockey or had a kid playing hockey has been robbed once-upon-a-time by these vending machines!




The "hockey mom" blog- "Musings of a Hockey Mom"

I heard about this through Ted Leonsis's blog (where else) and I thought immediately how cool this idea was. Hundreds of hockey moms in Canada and the US read this blog every day. I think people would find it very interesting to know all that you do when it comes to following your kids around the province and the country and even the world. Hockey Mom VA has broke the ground, maybe you can follow her lead? Be sure to check out her blog, again HERE

If blogging isn't something you want to do or something you are able to do, I'm sure at the very least you can relate to her following her hockey players! You won't find many other hockey blogs talking about stinky hockey equipment and getting jerseys and socks in the dryer. I could do a whole week of posts on hockey moms- the REAL people that get the hockey players to the BIG LEAGUES!

_________________________________________
I am pleased to report that I have been approached to be a "Celebrity BBQ Chef" on Sunday afternoons at a local watering hole. Of course you know I accepted I don't say no to ANY good cause! Proceeds from sales will go to a yet-to-be-determined charity but I know several are being thought of. I earn "tips" for my hard work (please hold your laughter) and the plan is that my "tips" that I earn are donated to the charity and MATCHED by owners along the way. So this is a great idea in my opinion! More to come on this one- it should be big time fun!
_________________________________________
Conference FINALS predictions.

Wow, since we've been without NHL hockey since Sunday, I almost forgot the playoffs are still going on!

Pittsburgh vs Philly- I have the Pens in 6. I'm picking the Penguins because this one is too tough to call but Ovechkin predicted Pittsburgh so I'll go with him!! Philly is deep and Biron has been solid. They can be physical and Jason Smith is a great leader. In the end, too many penalties going against the Flyers will allow the skill of the Pens to prevail.

Dallas vs Detriot- I haven't picked Detroit to win a single series so far. And I'm not starting now. Dallas in 6. The way San Jose battled back will serve Dallas well in my opinion. Walking over the roughed-up Avs won't help Detroit here, but if they end up making it to the finals I think the waltz over Detriot will be a benefit. ANY TIME you can play in the playoffs and not be required to kill yourself every shift every game is a bonus- so long as you can find that desire again when it is needed.
_______________________________________
Please take a moment today out of your busy lives to THINK THANK and REMEMBER our vets that fought for our freedom. It didn't come free. Don't forget the pains that go with war, while you are at it.


Victory in Europe Day (V-E Day or VE Day) was May 7 and May 8, 1945, the dates when the World War II Allies formally accepted the unconditional surrender of the armed forces of Nazi Germany and the end of Adolf Hitler's Third Reich. On April 30, Hitler committed suicide during the Battle for Berlin, and so the surrender of Germany was authorized by his replacement, President of Germany Karl Dönitz. The administration headed up by Dönitz was known as the Flensburg government. The act of military surrender was signed on May 7 in Reims, France, and May 8 in Berlin, Germany.

Read the full WIKI HERE

No comments: