Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bulldogs looking into FAN BUS for Sunday

I got this email this afternoon from the Bulldogs office. If you are interested, phone them in a hurry, like NOW!!

We have looked into getting a bus trip together for the game on Sunday afternoon to Powell River.
It looks like the cost will be $55 a person; that includes the bus, ferry (foot passenger) and game ticket.
We need to have 30 people signed up by Friday noon. If more sign up we may be able to reduce the price.
Please spread the word and call the office if you are interested. Payment must be made before the trip.

Phone the Bulldogs office at 723-4412 please!
It would be quite the sight to have a fan bus in Powell River.

Hammer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like an awful lot of money, but lots of fun. cheapre and more convenient to take your car over probably. bus doesn't go on the ferry? Can't wait for the game, hope lots of people attend.

Hammer said...

I don't know much about the ferries as I usually just roll on with the bus.

Doing some research on the website- if you walk on,You are looking at $20.00+ return just for the ferry alone. It's about $32.00 or so EACH way for your vehicle, plus your $10.00 fare each way. If I understand it right. So just $64.00 for your vehicle alone, not including your game ticket or your passenger fare on the boat and you are already ahead of the game.

Ticket to the game-Adult walk up= $13.00

By my shoddy math I have about $77.00 already.

Throw in what the cost of gasoline would be there and back, and $55.00 sounds like a steal of a deal to me. Don't see how it would be cheaper to do it yourself. It might be more convenient, but if you are one of those that enjoys a wobby pop at the game then this is obviously the way to go. But that's just me, to each their own!

In years past, this was the whole reason that the Dogs didn't do bus trips. Everyone said they wanted one, but then no one took advantage of it when it was offered.

I hope people take advantage of this!
I would imagine the bus is going on the ferry, they are just including the group cost per person in the total cost, so people realize what they are paying for.

Anyone have any idea what a bus of 40plus people costs to ride the ferry?

I'm not sure about that but just guessing, I don't think that they would take a fanbus over and then make them walk to the rink and back!!

Hammer