Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Island Final starts in Alberni Friday+Bulldogs Caps Games 3 and 4 highlights.

Hello Dogblog fans. Just got back from game 5 in Nanaimo where the Salsa eliminated the Clippers with their fourth straight victory of the series, 3-1. Great to see former Bulldog Jordan MacIntyre score the game winner. Tough loss for the Clips no doubt, best of luck to the players moving on in hockey and in life.

With the Clippers departure, the Bulldogs now have home ice in the Island Final. Games 1 and 2 go Friday and Saturday night at the Pound which will be rockin'.

Game 3 highlight reel, Bulldogs vs Caps, click HERE to listen to the podcast of the 93.3 The Peak FM broadcast with Ace and myself.

Game 4 highlight reel, Bulldogs vs Caps, click HERE to listen to the podcast of the 93.3 The Peak FM broadcast with Ace and myself.

To come in the next couple of days, maybe even tomorrow, pictures from the Dogs Caps series, and coming this Friday is MY "degree of gameday" My thanks again to Danthestatsman for the great idea.

Thats all for now. Morning show tomorrow up at 4:30am I'm up wayyyy past my bedtime.

Thanks for stopping by the blog.
Hammer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am finding it so surreal that we are going to be facing the Salsa and not the Clippers on Friday. Its so very strange... But HUGE congratulations to Victoria!!

Gwyn

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise...but a nice one for Victoria. My heart goes out to Nanaimo players because I certainly haven't been impressed with the way their coach reacts to a loss. Everyone keeps saying that their team is well coached, but for me, our coaching staff is one to be proud of. I have never heard them demean our players like Mr. Beswick does his team. I have been so proud of our team this year, as always. I think that they really do learn the meaning of sportsmanship, effort and team play. More than a few times they have to "suck it up for the team" as you and Ace say. Good on them!!

We won't know the fate of the Nanaimo players as they move on, but I have to wonder if their coaches have given them the important life lessons they should have been learning....instead of "win at all costs". In all games it's possible for these young men to lose focus and get into a fight, but it should never be one that they're told to go and instigate to hurt a valuable player on the opposing side.

And my final thought is to thank you and Ace for your wonderful broadcasts - I never miss one and am so thankful I can follow our team through every game. Thanks for your proffesional and fun reporting. Linda

Anonymous said...

All coaches like winning, who doesnt?

But Bill would be the LAST person to say 'win at all costs'