Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bulldogs Playoffs Gameday, Game #3 + BCHL Message Board

It's game 4 in the battle of the valleys tonight as the Bulldogs look to advance and the Caps look to stay alive and force game 5 in Port Alberni Monday after the Bulldogs won game 3 4-3 in double overtime on an Andrew Ella winner. Before last night the last Bulldogs game in Duncan was a 2-1 Dogs victory on December 1st. Who scored the game winner? Andrew Ella.

The 93.3 The Peak FM pregame show is on the air with Ace and myself at 7:15, the puck drop is at 7:30. Tonights second intermission feature guest is BCHL commissioner John Grisdale.

Send an email to the PRESSBOX

Catch the internet broadcast on the BCHL's FANZONE

Don't forget that the BCHL has ramped up the fanzone with the archiving of complete game broadcasts, postgame shows, and game highlights. I had people already emailing me when I got home last night requesting I send them Andrew Ella's game winner, or that I post it on the blog. I haven't had a chance to get to the radio station to get that audio and do all the editing, but it was on the fanzone for me to listen to by the time I got home last night. So again, read yesterday's post and get signed up!

Now, to the BCHL message board. First off, thanks to everyone who was chatting in the chat room last night while listening to our broadcast who told "LRT" to email us. Good to know you are all listening while chatting. I hope you are keeping it civil.

Now, to this message board jem I stumbled onto today:

Albernis Problem

Alberni is notorious for turning themselves into victims on this site. Last night it was coins thrown at their bench. This was apparently reported by Mr.Hammer and repeated here by people sitting at home that perhaps can't afford a ticket or the gas to get there to watch for themselves. I'm sure Hammer has a cell phone, 911 is an easy number to remember.... the call should have gone in right away. Such actions are an intent to injure at least. The row behind the Alberni box was all Port fans they could be eliminated from suspicion making the job much easier for the police. The section beside is all medical doctors, is it not safe to assume they would not condone such behaviour? After all if anyone is hurt they have to get to work and couldn't continue to watch that awesome hockey game. The security guards covering the neighbouring sections were not called or Arena staff for that matter, did Hammer just think he may have seen a coin fly through the air? All this drama just takes away from the fact that the "VERY YOUNG CAPITALS TEAM" have given the much older and experienced Bulldogs a run for their money. The Caps were 34 points behind in regular season and yet 2 games have gone into at least double overtime, one was won on a possible offside goal and the other was just a plain good old garbage goal. Cowichan has alot to look forward to. With all but 3 players eligible to return and a little luck who knows what will happen.

OK. I'll stick to the parts the contain to me. I enjoy doing games from "the landing pad" as we call it at the big stick. I enjoy the people there too, and Ace and myself haven't had a problem with any of them. Sure, there's lots of yelling, and screaming, and insults, and profanity, but it's a hockey game, and they are hockeyfans. They paid their money and they can say whatever they want. Coins into the bench though? The line is drawn ANYWHERE when it comes to foreign objects thrown into the players bench. While throwing a coin onto a bench isn't going to hurt a player, that isn't the desired result anyway. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what a coin can do to a skate edge. Injury could indeed be the end result when a player steps on the ice and has no edges underneath him. More likely he'll be falling all over the ice. Hard to play the game that way. Exactly why the coins were thrown into the bench. To the mans credit, he stopped when I took a commercial and yelled down to the fans right behind the bench to warn the players what he was doing. Their reply to me when I said "tell them he's throwing coins" was "we know, we saw" If anyone is making a dramatic situation, it's the message board poster. I warned the bench, the guy stopped. I saw Sheri from the Capitals between the first and second overtime and notified her of this gentlemans actions. She said that it was intolerable and she would take care of him immediatley. I requested that she leave him be, afterall, he stopped when I told the bench he was doing it. I said that I didn't want to be the bad guy, but that if I caught him doing it again I would go tell security to get him removed. I never said anything negative about the Capitals players or organization. How could I? They have played hard and for the most part honest (we'll leave the puck into the bench out of it, enough people saw that for themselves) and with a break or two anyway this series could be totally reversed. As I said off the top I have no problem with yelling and screaming and passion but throwing crap into the bench, especially something designed to wreck skates, is not something I will stand for.


Thanks for stopping by the blog,
GO DOGS GO
Rip and Tear
LOVE those airhorns,
Hammer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hammer,

what a great weekend for the Dogs. now they can have a well deserved rest.. and you guys too!! thanks for the play by play action and the insights on the blog. All good fun. keep it up! GO DOGS!!!

Gwyn

Anonymous said...

you should have waited till he ran low on pennies and started throwing quarters loonies and toonies and gone down and scooped up a fortune

Hammer said...

onthecoast- Always enjoy and read Sandy's coverage!

Gwyn- Thanks for the comments. Yes, we need a rest, but nothing compared to the guys, I'm sure. Always welcome for the blog, I'm the one who should thank you for visiting and commenting.

kris- Unfortunatley, he started with nickels and didn't go up or down, haha.

one"o"one- No need to apologize for disagreeing. As a matter of fact, I agree with you. What I meant to say from the start was that while I don't encourage the profanity and belittling of players, I TOLERATE it, because it happens everywhere. I do not tolerate objects into the bench. You should be applauded for applauding excellence. There's nothing better than the fans at the Dawg Pound giving the opposing players ovations when they are awarded stars. Shows that most people share your menality. They respect, recognize and appreciate the effort of the players.

The ONLY thing better than the fans applauding the other team, is when it comes full circle and the players on the OTHER team recognize the fans and the class they show by coming out on the ice to salute the fans when they are announced as a star. I'm not aware of any other rinks where this happens. Not saying it doesn't happen anywhere else, but I haven't seen it.

Off the top of my head, kudos to Cam Macintyre, Marc Cheverie, Brad Theissen, Matthew Gordon, and any others I've forgotten- for coming out in the Dawg Pound to salute the fans when they are announced as stars. Shows tremendous class on behalf of the player, as well as the crowd.

Anonymous said...

mm canned meat aka spam^^^^^

on the star thing i guess all it takes is someone to advise the road player he was picked i know melrose was picked in the wack but nobody told him so unless he was near the door he wouldnt have known