Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Gold Medal Game Day!


Gold Medal Gameday.

Greetings. It's a big day today. Big for a couple of reasons. Big for the fact that Canada takes on Russia today for the gold. Big for the fact that after today, it's Bulldogs game day. Finally, today is big because it dawned on me that I better start spreading the word about this blog, because right now I'm just writing and posting on this to read my own postings. As soon as I'm done work today, I'm going to e-mail the address for this blog to everyone in my address book that I think might care ONE IOTA about Bulldogs hockey and the like. I hope you will do the same as I did. The whole reason I created this was not to detail my life or chit chat about life's musings. The title says it's all- Hammers Bulldog Blog. I'm looking forward to giving the online Bulldog fan/parent/girlfriend/family member etc a place to read up a little on the team, and most importantly a place to be able to listen to the hilights of the Bulldogs broadcasts. Unfortunately the BCHL fanzone doesn't archive all of the broadcasts the way our radio station did last year, so this will have to do! I know it's only a small bit a piece here and there, but it's better than nothing I hope. I want your feedback, and I want your comments. Email me, and add comments to my posts. I'm a rookie 4th line blogger, that's for sure, but I'm going to try my best!

GO CANADA GO!

Canada vs Russia today at the WJHC for the gold medal. Should be a beauty. I'll be deeply rooted on the couch in front of the TV for this one. Wish I could be there live to see it, but I'm without tickets. When the US and Russia were playing in the semi final for the right to take on Canada in the final, it was my gut feeling that Russia would be a much tougher challenge for Canada than the US. As much as I would've enjoyed Canada playing, and hopefully beating the US again, the Russians were much to strong. Now I hope our boys can find another way to win just ONE more, against a really good team. The 8-1 drubbing Canada handed Russia in the pre tournament games means ZERO today.



One more day until it's Bulldogs game day again. Bulldogs take on the Victoria Salsa tomorrow at The DAWG Pound. The Bulldogs are on a franchise record 12 game winning streak, but aren't playing their best hockey, and aren't playing prototypical "Bulldogs" hockey at the moment. Bulldogs Coach Jim Hiller stated basically that on our 93.3ThePeak Bulldogs Broadcast last Saturday on the post game show, after The Dogs beat The Powell River Kings 3-2. The Bulldogs are 6 and 1 against the Salsa this season, winning 6 straight. The only Salsa win over the 'Dawgs was a 3-1 win at The Save on Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria, game number TWO of the season wayyyyy back in early September. HOWEVER, the Bulldogs wins against the Peppers haven't come easy. The three Bulldogs wins in Victoria this season have been by a grand total of three goals. Two of those games also went to overtime. Click to listen to the highlight of the most recent OT win for the Dogs over the Salsa, December 16th at the Bear Mountain Arena.

THE THUMP.mp3

If there's one thing that's certain, it's that the Salsa have struggled in the Dog Pound this season. I'm pretty sure they struggled in Alberni last year too, but that's some numbers I'll have to see if "The Ace" can shed some light on. What I do know, is that the Dogs are 3 and 0 against the Salsa on home ice, and the have also outscored the Salsa an amazing 20 to 2 in those three games. As I've always said, the past means nothing. The Bulldogs will have to be ready to go tomorrow.

In closing- you may be wondering why The Bulldogs vs Salsa highlight is titled "the thump". The only reason you wouldn't be wondering why it's called that, would be because you got an email from me telling the story and sharing the highlight. Well, the story behind "the thump" is one I will save for tomorrow. I must give anyone reading this blog at least and EXCUSE to come back and read again!

GO CANADA GO!
Hammer.

1 comment:

Hammer said...

Thanks for the comments LRT! Someone had to be the first, and I'm thankful that person was you.

I'm personally not going to post a link on the BCHL message board as I've been avoiding it due to some of the content on there and the posters there, but if anyone wants to post a link to the blog, I'm all for it!