Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Canada Repeats!



Yes, I know this blog is supposed to be about the Bulldogs and BCHL mostly. How could I not say something about team Canada? Repeating with no returning players (ok I will HALF count Cam Barker) is quite a feat. As good as Staal was on defense and as deserving as he was of the best D-man award, I thought Luc Bourdon was better. I'm also guessing that the "goaltender of the tournament" award was picked before today's gold medal game. Nothing against the Finnish netminder Rask as they weren't even to the semis if it wasn't for his masterful performance against Sweden. Pogge may have his defensively sound team infront of him to blame for the fact he didn't win the best goaltender award, as he wasn't tested enough. Today when it really counted he was more than tested, and he more than passed the test. Yes those of you that know me will say "leave it to Hammer- a goalie, to talk this much about a goalie" but come on people he set a World Junior Record, and he was the MVP today. GO CANADA GO.

Enough of the non-Bulldog and non-BCHL posts, I promise.

Hammer

No comments: