Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, August 20, 2018

Holy cow, Hockey's back.....kinda.

Sorry. In the most sincere way.... it's been way too long since I've updated the blog. I've very much enjoyed the down time not having to think about it and the work I put into it....but it's been too long, and I can't believe I didn't even make a final thank you post at the end of the year to wrap it up better.

It's not that I didn't intend to...I've had this post written and re-written many times. As the great Van Wilder once said "Procrastinating is a lot like being in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere"

I've just been busy not being "busy" I guess, and worrying about hockey and the blog, and instead making up for lost time with the kids over the course of season. I've spent countless hours camping, swimming, laking, fishing, etc etc.

Back at it now - well.... not REALLY back at it compared to how I blog DURING the season... but I'll try to make more regular posts about the team, about things happening in the Alberni Valley, etc etc.

Here's a major catch up on the news from the team you might have missed - which I certainly didn't miss on the 93.3 The Peak FM airwaves, but I did miss putting on the blog....

Bulldogs add Nicholas Seitz 

Bulldogs acquire Andre Ghantous

Blake Wood commits for 2018-2019

Affiliate player Stephen Castagna signs

Ethan Jones commits

Bulldogs add Hayden Hurst

Bulldogs acquire Mitch Deelstra


I just returned to work today after a couple weeks off... I've been constantly trying to push from my head the thoughts of how unprepared I am for hockey to start again "I'm not ready, I need a couple more weeks" etc etc.

I was asked by the Coaching Staff to go through some videos from last season, and as I was doing so last night I stumbled upon the highlights from last year's Playoffs. INSTANTLY, I had the hair standing up on the back of my neck and thought "O.K., I'm ready, lets go!"

Exhibit A


We aren't there YET though - but we're getting obviously closer with the opening of Training Camp today, and the first Exhibition game on Friday. Here's the schedule for this week



More to come.

Hammer

No comments: