Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, January 16, 2017

VIDEO: Witkowski wins it, THANKS for the support, Bulldogs announce 2017-18 recruit

Here's a look at Jake Witkowski's overtime winner to complete the hat trick last night in Merritt. A thing of beauty!



Just a note of thanks for those that support the blog and go out of their way to make a donation. Financial gain is the last reason why I do this - but it's certainly appreciated and makes it feel more "worth it" sometimes when it feels like all I do it sit on this computer and work my way farther to carpal tunnel syndrome, HA. Getting back into town last night and to my bed at around 2:30am, and waking up (somehow?) to get to the radio station and on air today for 6:00am, I can't say how much of a pick-me-up it was to receive an email from a player's family thanking me for my efforts. It's certainly not expected, but very much appreciated, thanks thanks thanks!

The Bulldogs announced their first recruit for last season yesterday night - welcome to the community and the team Luke!

BULLDOGS COMMIT TO DEFENSEMAN


PRESS RELEASE
January 12, 2017

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Port Alberni, BC – The Alberni Valley Bulldogs are please to announce the playing commitment of Luke Albert (Fergus, ON) for the 2017-18 season.

Albert, a 6’2, 190lb, defenseman, is currently playing for the New Hampton School prep hockey program, which is located in New Hampshire of the United States of America. During the 2015-16 season, Albert scored 31 points (5 Goals and 26 Assists) as a junior for the Huskies. He was named team captain for his 2016-17 senior season and has registered 10 points (4 Goals and 6 Assists) in 11 Games.

Bulldog fans can expect Albert to be a strong skating defender who makes a good first pass and plays a steady game in all three zones. Albert will be making the transition from prep school to junior hockey and feels that the BCHL and the Bulldogs are the right fit for him and his family.

“Alberni Valley is the program that is going to help me improve and prepare me for the next level after junior,” says Albert. “I am excited to start a new chapter of my hockey career with such a great organization.”

The Bulldogs will be looking for many other prospects and future players at our Spring Identification Camps, which will be held April 7-9th in Port Alberni and May 5-7th in Osoyoos, BC. For further information or to register online visit www.albernivalleybulldogs.ca/camps.

To comment on the above story of to discuss our Spring Camps, please contact Alberni Valley Bulldogs’ head coach and general manager Kevin Willison 

No comments: