Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Raise a Reader Road Hockey tonight - RAIN or SHINE



The Raise a Reader Road Hockey challenge goes tonight in the Multiplex parking lot. It doesn't look like the weather is supposed to be too pretty, but I was told yesterday that the event is a go, rain or shine! Hey, we all might be a little sweet, but we aren't made of sugar so we won't melt, right?!

I'm not sure how many years the event has been ongoing now, but what I am sure of is that it's always a lot of fun and it is for Literacy Alberni and the Raise a Reader campaign which is a great cause.

It all gets going with festivities at 5:00 with a BBQ, and the ball drop will be at 6:00. The game features members of the Bulldogs roster split up battling it out with local celebrities and officials on Team Read and Team Write.

Peak Afternoon Drive host Ashleigh Clark will act as Emcee and once the game gets going I'll do some play-by-play of all the action.

Don't let the weather scare you! Hopefully we'll see you there. Should the weather move or change the event, check the blog and social media as I'll be sure to get the updates out there the second I have them.

This year's Raise a Reader day is next Wednesday, September 23rd. Look for volunteers, local celebs and the Bulldogs wearing orange shirts selling special edition Raise a Reader Newspapers to raise funds for the campaign.

Here's some pictures of the event over the years








Hammer


No comments: