Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Bulldog Broadcasts - what to expect

Here's a little update on what to expect when you tune in to Bulldogs Hockey on 93.3 The Peak FM (or another medium) through the next 58 games, and any subsequent playoff games.

First and foremost - understand the medium. Which means - we're broadcasting on radio. We are your eyes. My primary goal is to enable those not at the game to SEE the game. I very much understand that some people are watching the pay-per-view and can SEE the game and they might get too much, but the people that can't see the game need more, not less!

Some insight into the broadcast philoposhy... as a general rule, I will always try to be positive.At the same time I try to be honest. The core fan base of this team from day one is an educated one. They want me to "call a spade a shovel" and not sugar coat things. Having said that, I'm that there is always one fan on one side of the fence, and one on the other side of the fence. It is one of the challenges and benefits of having such a great fan base and community here that cares for the team and is involved with the team on many levels.

The  job isn't an easy one, as I am always walking the fine fine fine line of not wanting to offend the parent/fan/billet/sponsor that is looking for entertainment, and something to root for and get emotionally invested in. The other side are the true hockey people/fans/parents etc. They want to know the REAL SCOOP. They want BLAME outright, and ANSWERS why the team isn't winning, or why they are winning.

In my opinion there isn't anything wrong with being on one side of that or the other either! In the end the hockey is great, and it's highly competitive. You win some, you lose some, you can't win them all and the line between both results is sometimes - or more often than not - razor thin.

In the end, I'm just "calling it like I see it" as my employer (for those that don't know, it's 93.3 The Peak FM and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, LP, not the Alberni Valley Bulldogs that signs my cheques, a very common misconception) wants me to do, and as I have done for about 1000 games over the last 15 years or so. Why? Becuse it hasn't failed me yet. People won't always like what they hear, or don't hear, but I simply can't help it if the game on the ice isn't going the way you want for the team - or an individual on the team.

I'm pretty excited for the season, drop the puck already!



I'm very happy to inform you that we have Van Isle Ford (away games) and Pacific Chevrolet (home games) back as our title sponsors this year - if you appreciate the broadcasts, thank them with your business!

We begin our broadcasts approximately 15 minutes to puck drop with our pregame show where we speak with coaches from both side of the puck about the game and current events. We end the game with a post game show with a game recap, a chit chat from a member of the Bulldog Coaching staff, post game show awards and out of town scoreboard updates. In between periods, we speak with Bulldog players both past and present, as well as Coaches/Broadcasters/Executives from around the BCHL and who knows where else!
 
If you are interesting in being a sponsor on Bulldog Broadcasts, the more the merrier - contact our sales staff at 93.3 The Peak at 250-723-2455, we have plenty of options from big to small available!


I'm very lucky to have a couple great guys in the booth with me, and fans are listeners sure are lucky to have them as well, as Bruce MacDonald provides colour commentary and analysis and Dan Tisserand provides team and game statistics.

 Options for listening  / watching the game, beside the trusty radio are:


Listening Live on your computer: www.933thepeak.com
Listening Live on your SmartPhone : www.tunein.com/mobile/
Watching Live on your computer/SmartPhone www.fasthockey.com

Also a huge thanks to ALL our sponsors that make the broadcasts happen. Fans that have listened before will know that we strive to put together a professional big-league broadcast, and in my humble and very biased opinion, I think we accomplish that.

If you appreciate and like the broadcasts, please thank the sponsors that make them all happen with your business!

If there is something you don't like, we always welcome your feedback - drop me a line here
We would love to hear from you throughout the season - feedback, comments, complaints, criticism - constructive or otherwise, an interesting stat or fact about your son or brother or family member that may be on the team, where you might be listening to the game from, etc etc. 

Hammer

No comments: