Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Bulldogs face Vees to kick off 2013-2014 Season at Bauer BCHL Showcase, Incredible David Dziurzynski story...


FINALLY, the puck will be dropped today and the Bulldogs will begin their new season - note the start time of 3:30pm, as they face the Penticton Vees at the Bauer BCHL Showcase.

I say "finally" but in reality, it hasn't been that long. Compared to other recent years, this has been one of the shorter off-seasons in recent memory with the team playing into April last year. It has still been way too long though, and I'm quite excited to get the season going!

Catch all the action on Pacific Chevrolet Bulldogs Hockey on 93.3 The Peak FM with the pregame show kicking off at 3:15 with the play-by-play to follow at 3:30.

I'll be joined by Bulldogs Educational Advisor Tom McEvay and Director of Scouting Rick Schievink during the Broadcast, who will come up to provide colour commentary and analysis. 

If you are out of Radio range, You can listen online on our website...click the link above....you can also watch the game on a Pay-Per-View basis through FastHockey 

The technology just blows my mind in this day and age. Back when I started doing this, you were lucky to get a VHS tape from the Home team when the game had concluded to be able to watch the game on the bus afterwards on the way home.

Yesterday I watched both the Vees and Express games (the Dogs face the Express tomorrow at 11:00am) while we were on the bus travelling to Chilliwack. Amazing stuff!

For those keeping track at home, the Vees topped the Grizzlies 2-1 while the Express lost 5-2 to Merritt. Details on the league website HERE on Eddie Gregory's Coquitlam Expressions blog HERE and on Fraser Rodger's Three V's Blog HERE


Today's 2nd Intermission guest is Coquitlam Express Play-by-Play voice Eddie Gregory, to speak about the changes in Express land over the off-season.



I have been texted/emailed/facebooked and tweeted about this countless times already...the David Dziurzynski story by John Allemang in today's Globe and Mail. A perfect story on the day of another new BCHL season on how to never give up, no matter the scenario. You never know, you might end up in THE SHOW!

What an incredible story, and what a great job by John Allemang telling it. I thought at first "cool, Dizzy is getting more press" , but when I started reading it, and I saw the length of it, I was blown away. Allemang captures EXACTLY the emotions I was feeling when Dizzy got knocked out last season. I must have had a dozen messages right after the knock-out punch, and none of them seemed to be worried about David and his career, and that's all I was thinking at the time.

Brian Murray and the Senators sure seem to be running a professional show - the way they kept Dizzy around afterwards, is exactly what I was hoping they would do...and Luke Richardson seems like a heck of a Coach!

Click here to read "The NHL's line of duty and the story of David Dziurzynski" by John Allemang

That's it for now!

Hammer


No comments: