Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Dogs host Silverbacks for "Jersey Night" on Fan Appreciation weekend

Where has the season gone? Incredible as I write this that there is just two home games left in the Regular Season for the Bulldogs (26-19-2-5, 3rd Island) and one left after tonight as the Salmon Arm Silverbacks (23-23-2-4, T-4th Interior) come to town.

With the Clippers 3-2 OT win over the Grizzlies last night they hold a four point lead on the Bulldogs for 2nd in the Island. With the Silverbacks 6-5 OT win last night in Powell River they remain tied for the 4th and final playoff spot in the Interior with the Smoke Eaters, who beat the Vees in double OT in Penticton.

Don't forget to WEAR A JERSEY to the game tonight...hockey, baseball, ping-pong or crokinole (points if you know what that is) it doesn't matter just wear a jersey and you could win!



Get all the action on Boston Pizza Bulldogs Hockey on 93.3 The Peak FM with the Pacific Chevrolet pregame show getting underway at 6:45 and the play-by-play and colour with myself and Bruce to follow after 7:00.

Tonight's 2nd intermission guest is Nanaimo Clippers play-by-play voice Dan Marshall. Of course the Clippers are in town tomorrow to conclude Fan Appreciation weekend.

The Hockey sure has been great to watch lately - if you were at the game Saturday against Surrey you know what I am talking about. Here's hoping everyone that went to the game and was blown away like me told a bunch of their friends so the crowd is even bigger tonight.

Get to the rink first and foremost, as there is nothing like being at the Dog Pound live and in person. If you can't make it through the wonders of technology you can also watch the game through the pay-per-view option provided by Fast Hockey !

If you are going to the rink, ,take a radio with you. I have been forgetting to do radio checks lately, and I was strongly reminded by one of the head phone wearing/listening and watching fans this week that I need to get back on that so I will try to remember today and tomorrow!

The Bulldogs do a great job in my opinion of trying to be community involved and give back as much support as they get. Here's home examples...I absolutely LOVE hearing these stores because I think when it comes to community involvement that the Bulldogs can just never do enough to give back to the best community in the league.

To the Coaches

I would like to thank you two and the boys for the great job and the hours you put in with the figure skating group yesterday. I know it is a huge weekend for the team. I heard nothing but positive comments about how wonderful each and every one of you are. Not only the figure skating group but the community in attendance last night and through out the day yesterday

This really make me proud to be part of this group….very classy.
 
Thank you

 Another one...awesome!


Just some good feedback from our 7th skater this past weekend. Always trying to put a smile on the kids faces..Hammer and I chatted about these things happening on the air the other night.


Thanks Kellie and Laurie for Charleys opportunity to skate with the bulldogs and be their honorary captain......He had a blast; it was nice to see him soooo excited. He doesn't show his emotion and excitment all the time and that night he was grinning from ear to ear. And thanks to Laurie for all you do with them; hanging with them, directing us and creating the opportunity for the kids.

Kellie if you could please forward this for me to Laurie; just wanted to send a special thanks.....its not often we get to see Charley show excitment. 


Hammer






No comments: