Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dogs host Grizzlies, A "Very Merry Bulldog (and BCHL) Christmas" , welcome Pacific Chevrolet


It's the final game before the Christmas break for the Bulldogs (16-11-1-4, 2nd Island) as they host the Victoria Grizzlies (20-8-0-2, 1st Island) at the Dog Pound.

Don't forget that youth get into the game for just $5.00 if they wear a hockey sweater and bring a non-perishable food item for the ADSS Leadership Class Food Drive.

The PAJHS will also be honouring their donors prior to the game, and there will be a meet and greet in the Upper Lounge at 6:00pm.

Last but not least, Lance Lapointe will be playing live in the Upper Lounge. Lance is the performer of the Bulldogs Rock Song GO DOGS GO - support the Bulldogs, support local music and talent by buying the song by clicking HERE

If you can't make it to the rink - certainly understandable with the amount of Christmas parties happening around town right now - get all the action on Boston Pizza Bulldogs Hockey on 93.3 The Peak FM starting with the Pacific Chevrolet pregame show at 6:45 with the puck drop and play-by-play to follow at 7:00 with myself and Bruce MacDonald.

Huge thanks to Will Pulford and the folks at Pacific Chevrolet for getting involved in Bulldogs Hockey on The Peak by sponsoring the pregame show, and for being a friend and supporter of this blog, just like Van Isle Ford.
 
Will has been a supporter of the blog and the Bulldogs since almost day one. When I met him when he came into the Radio Station to introduce himself and tape some commercials a couple years back I knew we were getting a "beauty". We spent a good half an hour talking about what Port Alberni was all about, with Will asking me about the various teams/events/groups/charities that needed sponsoring, and what people around here cared about.

I knew he was going to make a positive difference around here then and he's still doing it now. From the Radio Station to the Bulldogs to Minor Hockey and other sports, to the Alberni Valley Charity Golf Classic, the Festival of Trees, Kidsport and everything in between THANKS WILL, the city appreciates it, my family appreciates it!


It's now time for my Christmas present to you! People that have been following the team for a while now have no doubt been expecting this for a while. New fans might be a little surprised!

Every year I try to do something around the holidays to give back to the fans a little bit, and to spread good cheer over the holidays. It blows my mind and always has since the day I arrived here so many moons ago that people give ME gifts around this time of year.

 Cards, presents, good drink and good food, donations to the blog fund - don't get me wrong, it's all VERY VERY appreciated...it has always in my head just been about me doing my job, not something I should be getting gifts for...when I say this most people just say something along the lines of "well you go above and beyond" or "you really do put everything into it, we appreciate it"

My thanks and my gift to you will air during the broadcast tonight! In the 1st intermission catch "A Very Merry Bulldog Christmas" and in the 2nd intermission catch "A Very Merry BCHL Christmas"

The format is simple - I talked to the Bulldogs Coaches/Staff/Players and the other BCHL clubs Coaches and Broadcasters and I asked them to share with us the items from their Christmas Wish List, and I also gave them the chance to send out their own special Christmas Greeting!

If you missed it earlier this week, the "Skate with the Bulldogs" had a fun ending, thanks Kaicee for the video...


That's it for now! 

Hammer


No comments: