Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dress like Grapes Saturday night!

Here's hoping you have a couch from the 60's or 70's in the basement or the garage that you can destroy to make a suit jacket to look like Don!

Hilarious story today about Don Cherry from Deadspin about Don Cherry on Twitter - he tweets by phoning the CBC!

It was a crushing moment for me, as I actually somehow believed that Don was tweeting himself from a phone or a computer. I know I should know better and hell hasn't frozen over (although it's gotta be close with all the lockout business) and Don Cherry is of course not TWEETING. The only reason I believed he was is that you only have 140 characters per tweet and Don always needs four tweets to get his point across instead of one. I can only imagine how awesome it is to be the other person on the end of those calls at CBC...I thought I was working my dream job but now I know I am not!

As Don says about fighting in hockey, I will say the same about Mr. Cherry...it's either your cup of tea, or it isn't! Personally, I think he's the biggest beauty of ALL TIME  and I love the guy. It is most certainly on my bucket list to be able to meet him and shake his hand. I don't need an autograph, I don't need a picture, I just need to meet THE MAN!

Hey Grapes, why not keep busy during the LOCKOUT and come out to the Island and catch some great hockey in the Dog Pound? A Don Cherry look-a-like contest is one thing, but NO ONE can look like you but YOU! Show up here and I will kiss you like you kissed Dougie Gilmour!

 What a gorgeous day in the Alberni Valley! November 15th, and I was able to take a nice walk in the fresh air at the Alberni Golf Club! I could not resist the urge to call my Dad in Flin Flon, Manitoba from the 5th hole to say HI!

Hammer

No comments: