Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dogs host Grizzlies tonight, Ryan Miller urges NHL to "wake up"

Hello and Happy Tuesday. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Holiday. Mine was outstanding, spent with family and friends some great Turkey meals and an adventure out to Robertson Creek Fish Hatchery. What an amazing sight that is! I can't believe I haven't updated the blog since Saturday, but then again as I said I had an outstanding Thanksgiving Holiday!!


Today it's right back to work, and it's also right back to work for the Bulldogs as the Victoria Grizzlies make their first visit of the season tonight to the Dog Pound. Check out my preview from the Dogs website HERE



Get it all on 93.3 The Peak FM or our website www.933thepeak.com getting underway at 6:45

Our 1st Intermission guest is Bulldogs Forward Ollie McCluskey while Salmon Arm Silverbacks Play-by-Play voice Patrick Haas is our 2nd Intermission guest.

From the wire.....



BUFFALO, N.Y. - Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is urging the NHL to ``wake up'' and severely punish Chicago defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson for his blind-side hit that knocked out Buffalo forward Jason Pominville.

      Miller says a long-term suspension to Hjalmarsson would be a significant step if the league wants to show it's serious in outlawing such hits.

      Miller spoke Tuesday, a day after Pominville sustained a concussion and was taken off the ice on a stretcher.

      Pominville was crunched face-first into the boards in the first period of Buffalo's 4-3 loss. He is out indefinitely.

      Hjalmarsson drew a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct.

      The NHL is expected to review the play to determine if there will be a suspension.

      (The Associated Press) 
 
 
Is there an echo that anyone else is hearing here on the blog? I don't know about you, but I have seen more than enough hits like this leading to stretchers this year, thank you very much. Credit for Ryan Miller for taking the risk to say the above. 

Here is the hit in question.
 
 
 
It will be interesting to see what the NHL does or doesn't do.
Hammer


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... scary stuff... remind me again why I got my son into hockey? Geeeze.

Anonymous said...

according to TSN hjalmarsson only got 2 games, the same amount as wisniewski for his jesture to sean avery. I think the hit was way worse and deserved a harsher penalty then the same as a little act on the ice. come on NHL get your act together