Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Vipers thump Kings, Nucks stay alive....thanks to the Alberni Athletic Association



 
(image: hockeycanada.ca)


Congrats to the Vernon Vipers for becoming the first ever back-to-back RBC Cup Champions as they smoked the Dauphin Kings 8-1. 



Big saves at big times by Graeme Gordon, combined with what seemed like immediate goals by the Vipers to follow them up, were the big difference in the game.



I still have a bad taste in my mouth from some of the things I witnessed in Dauphin during my MJHL broadcasting days. I certainly felt bad for the players on the Kings as it's no fun to get stomped down at home like that, better yet in the biggest game of your lives on National TV. For the rest of Dauphin, I don't feel so bad!



What a win last night by the Canucks as they found a way to get it done to stay alive with a  4-1 win in Chicago.



Poor Sammy Salo. At last report, everything is still "there and intact" which is nice to hear. You certainly don't wish that on your worst of enemies. At least I never would... if you do, you are a bad bad bad human!!

Game 6 goes tomorrow night at the Garage.


Huge thanks to the Alberni Athletic Association for asking me to MC their sold-right-out "Sportsman's Dinner" Friday night at the Mulitplex to raise money for the new Athletic Hall.

Below are a few pictures I snapped from the BlackBerry during the event. You will see Bob Cole holding a paddle. The significance of it? It's signed by Jim Hughson, John McKeachie, and former NHL'er Gary Roberts. McKeach of course was one of the guest speakers Friday night. The paddle is pretty neat as it's signed by the guys after a day on Sproat Lake back in '85. Neat stuff!




Hammer

No comments: