Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Congrats to Doug Krantz, big win for Wheaties, big one tonight in Montreal



Huge congrats go out to former Bulldog (2002-2003,2003-2004) Doug Krantz, and the rest of his Cincinnati Cyclones teammates on becoming the ECHL Champions as they captured the Kelly Cup last night in front of an ECHL Kelly Cup Playoff Record of over 13,000 plus fans on home ice


And this is kinda incredible. If I'm not mistaken, Hans Benson was a one-time Port Alberni Junior B. Bandit.
He also played on the Cyclones. Small world, eh?


Quite the game yesterday at the Memorial Cup in Brandon as the host Wheat Kings picked a good time to pick up their first win over the Calgary Hitmen in a long time as they advanced to the Championship game Sunday where they will meet the defending champion Windsor Spitfires.


I'm a Manitoba boy, so, GO WHEATIES!


I turned the game on right near the end of the second period and it was perfect timing as I saw the Wheaties tie it up in front of an insane crowd of over 5,000 people jammed into the Keystone Centre. I know, I know it has some corporate name now, but it will always be the Keystone to me!


Check out the highlights here


You may never hear 5,000 LOUDER people. Love the horn.

And speaking of LOUD, how nuts will it be tonight in the loudest sports venue on the planet (I'm not 100% sure that's accurate, but it's a pretty safe bet) as the Habs host the Flyers in Game 4 of the NHL's Eastern Conference Final?

As much as I love the hockey this time of year, I love the atmosphere and passion that the hockey brings out just as much!

Exhibit A - Highlights from Game 3. The roar and the pop of the crowd is amazing.


Hammer

1 comment:

Jamie Amos said...

Hans Benson played with the Bandits 1999-2000 36 games 7 goals 1 assist 8 points and 101 PIMS.