Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Suspension handed down in Ben Fanelli hit...

If you haven't seen the hit yet - watch the video below. A caution - it's not for the squeamish.



The suspension has come down from OHL Commissioner David Branch. And it's a big one for Michael Liambas. The remainder of the regular season and any playoff games Erie qualifies for.

Your thoughts?

Read the full story on the suspension with comments from David Branch by clicking the below link.

"OHL suspends Otters forward for entire season"

_______________________________


Holy smokes is it really 100 days until the Olympics?

Do you love them, hate them, or are you undecided? I respect and see the opinions on both sides of the coin.

But I love 'em.

I'm not telling YOU to love them. I just said two lines up I respect and see the opinions on both sides. So hate 'em if you want to. No one is stopping you.

I love BC and Vancouver being exhibited to the world. I love the biggest sports show in the world being here and being able to feel a part of it. I STILL remember Calgary in 88. And I was EIGHT years old.

I'll make a little guess, a little assumption that I'll never be able to prove or really know if I'm right or wrong. I bet that when the games come and the stories and excitement happens, many people on the hate 'em side won't be able to fight getting caught up in them.

I liken it to all the people that voted down the Alberni Valley Multiplex the first couple of times around. Granted it was before I was here in Port Alberni but believe me I've heard about it. I've heard about it because all of the YES people and the proponents of it tell me how so many of the NO people and people who were against it - are now season ticket holders. People who come to Bulldog games, who use the facility in some way shape or form, who come and watch their children and grandchildren play. And I've heard from lots of NO people as well who say they are now on for the ride and love the facility and everything it's done for the community, even if they couldn't see it before it was there in front of them and people were fighting tooth and nail to build the thing.

Here's hoping the Olympics will provide a positive ending that outweighs the negatives and maybe what should have been done and shouldn't have been done and what was wrong and etc etc etc.

Here's an interesting read about it from the CTV Olympics website.

Click to read "100 days until the real Olympic stories unfold"



Thats it for now.


Hammer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Olympics! and I will always support it! It never fails that I tear up at some point when watching the events.

However, with the Olympics being closer to home this time around, I have noticed that the funding used in some areas could be used in a different and more efficient way.

When the games come here I will definitely be cheering on our Canadian athletes in 2010!

Anonymous said...

Suspended for the rest of the season?!?!?!?! Are you kidding?

When did the OHL become a "no check league"?


Wow.