Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Bulldogs Prospect Camp ends, Vipers lead Doyle 2-0, Former BCHL'er Zabotel in the WHL, Canucks up 3- zip.

Hello and Happy Monday!

My apologies for not firing up the blog over the weekend, I thought about it about 50 times and tried to post about 10 times but I've just been too busy!

With my dad out visiting from Manitoba there has been plenty of time spent golfing and watching hockey and just plain visiting!

The golf went good for a couple of days...But the last couple haven't been too good as my game has slipped. I might need a little one-on-one time with the pros out at the Alberni Golf Club, Bruce McDonald and Brian Rands.

It's great to hear that the increased blog and radio golf talk has been working. The people at the course have had great feedback, as have I!

It's back out there today to get 18 more holes in. May the best hacker win!

As I'm talking golf, I'll remind you again about 93.3 The Peak's Administrative Professional Appreciation Day out at the Alberni Golf Club this Wednesday. There will be live entertainment, a great meal, and a fun time to be had at the Alberni Golf Club. Get your tickets at the club, or at The Peak!

The Alberni Valley Bulldogs finished the second version of their prospects camp yesterday in Osoyoos. Speaking to Bulldogs Head Coach and GM Nolan Graham today, he was pleased with the quality of play, and especially pleased with the up and comers of the future.

Someone recently asked on the blog why there were no signings announced out of the Alberni version of the prospects camp. Now - before the same question is asked about Osoyoos, let me nip this in the bud.

Teams right now can "sort of" announce signings and commitments for the upcoming season. I say "sort of" because nothing can officially be done at this time because teams haven't received their player cards yet.

I anticipate the Bulldogs making announcements about player commitments in the future!


For those that are fans of the BCHL, they are happy to see the Vernon Vipers "hold serve" to take a 2-0 series lead over Grand Prairie in the Doyle Cup as it now heads to Alberta.

To read up - check out the BCHL site here.

Go Vipers!

______________________________

It's been quite the year for former BCHL'er Casey Pierro-Zabotel. He led the WHL in points, he was just named the WHL Western Conference Player of the Year, and just yesterday, he scored the overtime winner for the Vancouver Giants as they evened the Western Conference Final series at 1-1 with the Kelowna Rockets.

Always great to see a former player in this league, a guy you used to watch on the ice here that would make the price of admission worth it, to move on and have success!

_________________________________


Last but certainly not least - How about those Canucks? A 3-0 lead over the Blues after yesterday's gutsy 3-2 win..

I feel for the Blues, just because they have been RIGHT THERE and have nothing to show for it.

Am I alone when I enjoy and appreciate the support in St. Louis. It's one thing to have a hockey program going in the right direction again. It's another thing to have a city realize it and get on board and PACK THE SHACK like they have in St. Lou. Good fans there, and a GOOD NHL city with some great hockey history.

I have always liked Andy Murray and John Davidson. No, I don't know them or anything like that! I just have for some reason liked and respected them. Here's to a bright future in St. Louis, just not until next season, and not at the expense of the Nucks!

That's it for today!

Hammer

No comments: