Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grizzlies pushed to brink, Silverbacks tie it up, GOLF GOLF GOLF, Canucks on THE PEAK tonight

The RBC Cup hosts are on the verge of elimination after the Powell River Kings beat the Grizzlies last night 6-2 to take a 3-1 series lead. Unless the Grizz want to use the back door, they better get going in a hurry. On the other side, the Salmon Arm Silverbacks fought back to tie up the Interior Final at two games each with a 3-1 win.

No doubt it's some great hockey to watch....For those that don't have hockey to watch, there's GOLF!

I took in my first round of the season yesterday at the pristine Alberni Golf Club in Cherry Creek. I have NEVER started the golf season so good. Par-Par-missed a two footer for par, parred again, then a QUAD and then another par before I rode the bogey train home. All in all, not bad for the first round of the year. The Alberni Golf Club is in great shape as well. It's a little moist in some spots, but that's the worst of it.

Special thanks to Bruce MacDonald in the pro shop for letting me try his Adam's Golf Speedline driver demo-club. I CRUSHED it all afternoon, and for the most part, it hit it IN PLAY which is usually my biggest problem. On the other side of things, I putted terribly, which is usually my strongest point. Putt for dough. Not yesterday though.


Looking down the first fairway. Yes, I was up the middle. HA.

A look at my buddie Paulie's tee shot on 13. I just had to take a picture. What a beautiful day in the Alberni Valley. The flag, the ball, and a snow covered Mount Arrowsmith frames the picture in the middle. What a beauty!


The Canucks are back in action on 93.3 The Peak FM tonight as they visit the St. Louis Blues. Catch all the action with the pre game show underway at 5pm and the puck drop and all the play-by-play follows shortly after 5:30pm.

No comments: