Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

NHL season kicks off in Europe, Chiefs down Dogs 4-1, Dogs host Grizzlies tonight, 3rd Jerseys to be worn

Pretty cool to wake up and watch some NHL action at 9am! I was busy doing my prep work for tonight's game, so the Rangers vs. TBay game didn't command all of my attention. When I did watch, it sure seemed like a stinker. Very cool for Port Alberni's Rob Schick to get the job of being one of the referees to work the game in Prague. Pens vs Sens right now at THE GLOBE in Sweden. What a rink that one is.1-1 now as the Sens tie it in the first. This game is already better than New York vs. Tampa.



Not a great game last night for the Dogs....It was actually their best START of the season, as they scored their fastest goal to start a game when Kevin Ross scored on the power play just 3:11 in.

They wouldn't hit the net again though.

Langley scored two in 22 seconds to start the second, the second goal being one of the weirdest situations I've ever seen. Brad Goss scored what looked like a good goal. But referee Ryan Benbow waved it off and signaled a penalty against Langley. Against Goss.

After a conference with the linesmen, the goal was counted, the penalty stood, and Goss had his first goal and a two minute penalty.

WHAT?! No idea. But it really did happen, trust me!

The Dogs host the Victoria Grizzlies tonight. Catch the pregame on 93.3 The Peak and the BCHL Fanzone at 6:45.

The Bulldogs will wear their new 3rd jerseys for the first time tonight, so I hope they bring some luck!

Hammer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was told by someone sitting at that end of the rink, that the Langley player fell on Rundell after the goal went in. So the goal and penalty were both deserved.