Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dogs acquire Matthew Wong, trade Frydrysek and Principalli

Here's the press release from

THE BULLDOGS OFFICIAL WEBSITE



Same deal here as the Malone/Jebson deal. It's tough for me to see a couple great guys and friends in Matt and Jordan move on. In my eyes, both players have great potential to be impact players in this league.

Good luck in Quesnel guys!

Now to Matthew Wong. I'm again very excited to see this guy in a Bulldogs uni manning the pipes. The first 3 or 4 times the Dogs and Grizzlies met he was lights out and one of the game stars, just like Kevin Jebson was with Burnaby against the Dogs. I actually looked at Matt last year and thought of him as certainly the RBC goalie for the Grizzlies this season. Here's hoping that the Grizzlies loss will be a huge gain for the Bulldogs.

How about the log jam in the Bulldog crease now? Or if not NOW, but the potential log jam in the future? May and Jebson are both in WHL camps, and Frank Slubowski is about to have surgery.

GM Alan Kerr obviously wanted and needed a guaranteed solid guy here from GAME 1. I think Matthew is now that guy, barring anyone back possibly sooner than expected from a WHL camp. If and or when someone comes back, there might be one heck of a battle for the starting goalie job. In my opinion, that can only be a good thing for the Bulldog organization.

Hammer

Posted on the Bell Mobile high speed network from my HTC SmartPhone.

No comments: