Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dogs Acquire Kevin Jebson for Shane Malone...plus Harrison May to a WHL camp, and Frank Slubowski to have surgery.

This one has been rumored for a while and I've been biting my lip. And that has been tough to do that because I am PUMPED UP at the thought of Kevin in a Bulldogs jersey.

Read the release on the Bulldogs website here.

Kudos to the Alan Kerr and the Bulldogs organization for always complimenting their players that move on. It is nice to not see the "we traded this guy for that guy thee end" sort of stuff that most releases look like from most teams. I'm not bashing the clubs that do it that way...but there is always a nice word said to the player that was once part of their organization when it comes to the Bulldogs releases and that is a breath of fresh air.

At the same time, has there ever been more news on one release? As excited as I am to see Jebson hopefully suit up in the 'Pound, I am also sad to see Shane Malone go. In my job - like any job I'm sure- you develop camaraderie and a relationship with guys you see every day and spend so much time with. Of course you meet the parents of these young men as well and you get to know them.

Shane was a funny guy with great character. Best of luck buddy...hopefully in the Dub.

At the same time the release speaks of Harrison May and Frank Slubowski, two guys that I also know well. On one hand, I wish "MAYDAY" the best of luck at his WHL camp, and on the other hand I wish "The Big Slubowski" all the best on his rehab from his unfortunate injury. While it sounds like this season might be down the tubes for him, at least his career isn't. That's the attitude I hope he takes when dealing with this at least.

Why am I so pumped up at the thought of Kevin Jebson in a Dogs jersey? That's simple. For those that don't remember, he was LIGHTS OUT every time the Dogs and Express played last year. As a former goalie, I don't easily forget a guy that plays as good as he did as often as he did against the Dogs last year.

A final word would be a good luck (but not too good of luck) to Jebson as he attends Moose Jaw Warriors camp!


How many posts is that today now? Wow am I ever on fire! Time for a pre-Travis Cross nap!

See you tonight at Boston Pizza!

Hammer

1 comment:

Superstar Fan said...

Hey Hammer - it must be hard for you to be tight lipped about trades that you know happened a week ago and yet cannot publicly announce until you are sent a press release. Maybe now that the season is about to begin, you will be informed quicker? Good luck to Shane as always and a big welcome to Kevin Jebson. Hoping that he suits up in AVB colours. Wishing Frank a smooth recovery also.