Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, June 27, 2008

An update on Coulson Flying Tankers and the Martin Mars Waterbombers.....

Yesterday and today I had several inquiries while at the radio station and while on my own time regarding the status of the Mars Water Bombers.

In response to this, I put a call into The Coulson Group of Companies head offices earlier today looking for an update on Hawaii Mars and the overall status of Coulson Flying Tankers

Imagine my surprise minutes ago when Coulson Group CEO Wayne Coulson called me to give me an update! I have never spoken to or met Wayne before but he was a pleasure to chat with and I could sure tell how passionate he is about these planes and what they mean to this city.

Here is the update Wayne gave me:

  • The crew departed for California yesterday, but ran into a mechanical problem that required them to return to base to solve.
  • The problem has since been rectified, and the plane will depart at first light tomorrow for California.
  • They will operate out of Lake Shasta in Northern California.
  • Plenty of fires are currently burning, and things look to get worse before they get better as lightning is in the upcoming forecast.
I know I am not alone when I brim with pride not only for the City of Port Alberni but also for the Province of B.C. and the great country of Canada when I think of these magnificent behemoths of the skies arriving on the scene as the cavalry to save property, land, and lives!

The thought of the fire situation in California "hits home" with me when I think of all the Bulldogs players and their families down there. Hope you guys are doing alright!

I'm sure everyone has their own favorite piece of "Mars Media". I must've received the pictures of the Mars skimming the beach to pick up in the reservoir down in Cali last year about 50 TIMES. Here's my favorite items, taken with my own little digital camera off my deck 2 summers ago. Is there any sound as beautiful?

Thanks again to Wayne for the updates. I will get more when possible!!
Hammer












No comments: