Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Tiger Woods birdies 18 (video) Woods and Mediate to play 18 hole playoff today- broadcast info

Wowzers, what a finish yesterday to the US Open. I wanted Tiger so badly to make his putt, but at the same time I almost wanted it not to fall because I so wanted Rocco Mediate to win. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Tiger fan. I have followed him since he was an amateur tearing it up. However- once you see an interview with Rocco, or just watch him play and interact with fans and his playing partners on the course, it's impossible to not root for him. At least for me. He seems like a happy, friendly, polite guy.

The polite thing was proven when Mediate gave one of the classiest interviews in sports right after Tiger forced the playoff- Mediate said that he knew it was going in-he's Tiger Woods, he's the best, that's what he does. The interviewer then asked something along the lines of "were you hoping that putt wouldn't go down" And Rocco seemed almost offended saying flat out NO, that he couldn't root against someone as it just wasn't in his nature.

In the end- Golf Fans win. At least I know I think I won. I get 18 more holes of golf (or more?) and I couldn't care LESS who wins. I want them both to win, I hope they both play well. Makes me miss hockey JUST A LITTLE LESS!!

In case you missed it, a little youtube action from Tiger forcing a playoff on the 72nd hole. WOW.



Tiger and Rocco tee off today for an 18 hole playoff starting at 9am PACIFIC time. For viewers in Canada, watch it on TSN and TSN HD....but only until 11am! Are you kidding me? This is right off the TSN website:

Rocco Mediate and Tiger Woods have finished in a tie at the U.S. Open, forcing an 18-hole playoff for the first time since 2001. You can catch the 18-hole playoff live on TSN and TSN HD starting at 11:30am et/8:30am pt. At 2pm et/11am pt, coverage will continue on the TSN Alternate Feed. TSN.ca will provide live coverage at Noon et/9am pt.

So for someone like me without TSN Alternate feed, I guess I really need to hope the TSN Video feed works. I tried it yesterday afternoon and got nothing but a black screen. I hope for the sake of everyone else out there that it was just my end and not their end, because if they have problems at their end a couple million people will be more than just a little sour today!

Why can't they join soccer in progress? I appreciate Euro 2008 and the great action to watch there and the amount of people that would be wanting to watch it today....but this isn't the final! I'm just guessing but I bet that 18 holes of Tiger vs Rocco would win a ratings war for TSN as opposed to Euro 2008. Sigh.

You can also LISTEN to the Final Round on Channel 146 on your XM Satellite Radio. I was VERY happy when I got in my car on Saturday and I had to be out for a while- and I found out that XM had the whole tournament covered. I almost drove off the road when Tiger drained the Eagle on 18 on Saturday.. At least I have something to fall back on should the webcast crap out.

For those in the US- ESPN has your coverage beginning at 9am PACIFIC time, for two hours. Action then shifts to NBC for the conclusion of the playoff at 11am PACIFIC.

You can watch the online broadcast in the US by VISITING THIS LINK

More later!
Hammer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed most of the playoff today but was fortunate enough to see the 19th hole. Not exactly the way you expect a playoff with Tiger in it to end. Usually he clutches up and makes a putt to win.

Hammer said...

Today, for the first time I can remember, I was cheering for the OTHER guy to win. Not Tiger.

Rocco from day 1 was a great personality and a great story. All the pins and US Open flair he was wearing, the comments already from the announcers saying Rocco claimed this tournament as his favorite, it made me cheer for him. Today I thought of Tiger's 13 previous wins and all his major wins to come, and how Mediate had never won before and might never win again.

I was FIRED UP at my TV when Rocco drained the long putt after Tiger had blasted out from the fairway bunker to 10 feet. I was saddened when his putt on the playoff didn't go in and it was over.

Here's hoping that this gives Rocco a jumpstart at 45, and that Tiger will win many more in the future....just not at Rocco's expense!

Thanks for the comments