Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Great article on Brett Hextall from NHL.com

I was pleased to see this one end up in my email inbox from the NHL pr people, about Penticton Vee and recent NHL draft pick (Phoenix Coyotes) Brett Hextall....Great story, and great for the BCHL to get publicity like this!

Click to read NEXT HEXTALL LOOKS TO CONTINUE FAMILY LEGACY

I had to laugh after reading the comments from Coyote GM Don Maloney. How he desrcibes Hextall, is exactly how I thought of him after I heard he got drafted. I didn't get the chance to see him play often, but he was always a competitor. I still remember when the Vees visited the Dog Pound this season....the Dogs built up a 5-0 lead. I remember trying to do the play-by-play, but my eyes kept shifting towards Hextall. He had some sort of bone to pick with former Vee Chris Moulson. One shift, the next, and so on and so forth.

Now of course you want your leaders and battlers to not let you get into a 5-0 hole.....I still have respect for a guy who isn't just going through the motions by that point and start the bus.

Some of the good ones can turn the passion on and off. Some of the great ones NEVER turn it off.

Here's to Hextall being a future BCHL'er turned NHL'er.

Hammer

No comments: