Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Russia beats Canada for World Championship+Dressing Room Celebration video, Wings vs Pens in Cup Finals, Bulldogs Season ticket seat upgrade.

A big time ouch for Canada Sunday as the Russians took advantage of a puck over the glass delay of game penalty in overtime to win the World Championship 5-4. Was it just me or did Cam Ward not move on the winning goal?

While it certainly was rough to lose on the delay of game penalty, Russia deserved all the credit coming back from a 4-2 third period deficit.

Lets be honest here, if the tables were turned and it was Canada in Moscow (or anywhere) coming back from a two goal third period deficit to win a world title, it would be the stuff of LEGEND. Instead, it will be like the 96 world cup that no one in Canada remembers fondly- if they remember it at all.

I came across this video on youtube of the Russian team celebrating in their dressing room after the win. Oddly, it takes the sting away a bit for me seeing how much the Russians obviously wanted it and how they are just like everybody else in their joy and celebration. Ovechkin calling him mom, dancing around? Priceless.



I was hoping for a GAME last night between Detroit and Dallas, but sadly it wasn't much of one. While things did pick up a bit after Dallas trimmed the gap to 4-1, the Wings bent a little but didn't break. So it's the Wings and the Penguins in the finals starting Saturday at the Joe. I haven't thought enough about my prediction yet, but I'll have one this week. I haven't picked the Wings to win a SINGLE series and they have sure showed me. My thoughts are now that if I FINALLY pick the Wings to win, they WON'T.

So maybe the Pens fans out there are hoping I pick the Wings? HA.

How about no hockey until SATURDAY? Ouch. At least the Memorial Cup continues. The end is nigh hockey fans! Rediscover that you have a yard. Or loved ones. Or hopefully other hobbies!

_______________________________________
Don't forget about the Bulldogs Season Ticket Upgrade Day this Saturday. Here's the pertinent info..
Bulldogs "Season Ticket Upgrade"
Saturday May 24th from 9am to noon at the Multiplex
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.

This is for anyone who has season tickets who would like to change their seat location/section/area etc.
The only seats available are those that aren't season ticket holder seats obviously.
Again, I can see people lining up at 8am for this. Or probably 7. So you might want to be early. But not unruly!
That's all I have for now, thanks for reading!!
H.

No comments: