Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sean Avery swash-buckles Martin Brodeur, Milan Lucic runs show.

Just a couple of thoughts as I am currently enjoying Montreal vs Boston, and during commercial breaks New York vs New Jersey.

First off- Holy smokes, am I ever impressed with former Vancouver Giant and Memorial Cup MVP Milan Lucic. I never imagined him getting first line minutes, but with the way he has been playing he certainly deserves it. Huge credit to the player, and huge credit to the coach- as Claude Julien has certainly recognized Lucic's play. He has done everything- scored a goal, had a couple other glorious chances, and of course he's hitting everything that moves. Reminded me of this shift from the Memorial Cup Championship game last May. Yes- don't forget, this guy is just 19. NINE TEEN. Wow.



During a TV timeout from the Habs vs Bruins game, I switched to TSN to catch the VERSUS Broadcast of the Rangers hosting the Devils. I caught a replay of Sean Avery doing something I have never seen before. I'm no Scotty Bowman, but I HAVE seen plenty of hockey- just like almost everyone who reads this blog. The only way I describe Avery's actions would be swashbuckling. He waved his stick high over his head, in Brodeur's face to try and distract him. It appeared to work, as Avery immediately scored.

I'm not a huge fan of Avery and some of his actions and comments, but this guy is a way better player than I think most people realize. Three goals already in just his third game of the playoffs says it all.

Thanks for reading!
Hammer

No comments: