Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Go Caps Go!....(and Habs, and Avs) plus Doyle Cup Update Vees vs.Kodiaks.


4-05-08 Red Out!
Originally uploaded by Washington Capitals
I am doing some testing through flickr.com and their "blog this" feature.
This picture was found after clicking on "Picture of the Day" on the Caps homepage at www.capitals.nhl.com, so I would assume it is property of the Washington Capitals!

GO CAPS this morning.
And Habs, and Avs today and this evening.



Should be a great day today to watch hockey with three games on tap, starting with the Caps trying to stay alive at home as they host the Philadelphia Flyers. After winning game one, the Flyers have won three in a row, including double OT in game 4. I want the Caps to win this series not just because I predicted them to in our in-house 2008 Stanley Cup prediction pool, but because I want them to win for the sake of the excitement factor Alex Ovechkin brings and the fans at the Verizon Center bring. My prediction was CAPS in 7 and it looks like if they are winning the series then I was right on the money. 10am today on TSN or NBC for this one.

3:30pm Pacific CBC's Hockey Night in Canada kicks off with their pre-game show to set up the just after 4:00pm puck drop for the Habs at the Bruins, with Montreal holding a 3-2 series lead. I had the Habs pegged in 5 to win this one, so I'm already wrong. After the 5-1 Bruins win in game 5 I thought two things-Never underestimate anyone's will to keep fighting and not give up at playoff time..... and never forget how important GOOD goaltending is. Carey Price didn't give them that on Thursday. It will be interesting to see how he bounces back today.

The late game sees Minnesota going into Colorado to try and stay alive down 3 games to 2. I predicted Avs in 7 in this one. Minny has had some injury troubles, and watching bits and pieces of the last game Jose Theodore appears to be winning the goalie duel. Just an aside for a moment- How many people wrote Theodore off the last couple of years? How many people were kicking him when he was down? Now how many people are singing his praises that he's back and playing great? Not nearly as many giving praise as there were writing him off, that's for sure. I predicted Avs in 7 in this one, so I wouldn't be upset if they didn't get it done tonight.....Of course this pool gives more points for predicting the right TEAM to win and less points for getting the amount of GAMES right. So just don't blow it in 7!!

The Camrose Kodiaks took game 1 of the Doyle Cup last night, 3-1. The two teams go at it again tonight in Camrose.

Thanks for reading the blog, back to the radio show.
Hammer

No comments: