Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Jim Robson on THE PEAK, Michael-Lee Teslak signs with the Philadelphia Flyers.



What a pleasure today to have a living legend, Mr. Jim Robson, the former voice of the Vancouver Canucks and a former employee of CJAV Radio in Port Alberni.

By very popular request- Click the link below to listen to the interview from the show this morning. I really needed 30 minutes with Jim. No lie, I had at the very least 10 more things I wanted to ask him. Jim is a true gentleman, and a great interview, as you can hear for yourself.

Click to listen- JIM ROBSON INTERVIEW

My thanks to Jim for taking the time to talk to me today.
Again, to order his book, click the link robsonhockeybook.com
______________________________________________________________________
Michael-Lee Teslak signs with Philly

Sometime today, it will be officially announced that Michael Lee Teslak has signed with the Philadelphia Flyers.

I'm no "insider" or anything, and I have never professed to be one, but just trust me on this one, ok? ;)

To the best of my knowledge, he is the first former ALBERNI VALLEY Bulldog to sign a North American Professional Hockey contract. Say what you will about Teslak being a Spruce King or an Eagle, but I'll remember him how he started his career - as a Bulldog.

I wonder, has anyone in PG or Surrey tracked down "Tesser" for an alumni interview over the last couple of years? (sorry if anyone there did)

I caught up with Mike down at Michigan Tech on the last day of the Bulldogs season for an alumni interview. It was great to talk to him again and great to see how he had progressed from being traded to Prince George in 04-05. When I called him to set up the interview, we had a good chat about old times- the 03-04 season which was the first for both myself and Mike here in Alberni. Of course the run to the playoffs and the first round upset that year was something you couldn't forget. I asked Mike off air what he remembered about his time here, and he said "not much" as that was certainly a couple of years ago and he said his memory wasn't good. Five minutes of reminiscing later, and he is remembering how he was choked at me for when I used him in the INTERSQUAD GAME, the "Media Challenge" game before the 04-05 season. The memory sure came back quick, didn't it? Long story short, Tesser got the shut out, we won the media challenge game, and now he's in the NHL, HAHA.

If you would like to hear the interview, click the link below that will take you to the Bulldogs MultiMedia website. Click on PAGE 2 at the bottom to get to Mike's interview.

TESLAK INTERVIEW

Sadly, I couldn't find a picture of Mike with the Bulldogs. I did find the great video you can see below though- something I posted on the blog a couple months back. It was the FINAL win for Teslak as an Alberni Valley Bulldog. In fact, it was the final win of the 03-04 season for the Dogs, a 6-3 win in game two of the Coastal Conference semi finals. Gotta love the road of that Bulldog crowd on the ROAD when the last 10 seconds of the game start ticking off.




Congrats again to Tesser, proud of you bro!

What a day today....thanks for reading!

Hammer

No comments: