Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Dogs wrap up '07 in style, new BULLDOGS SHOW on SHAW coming SOON, Clippers host Team Sweden

I snapped this picture as I showed up to the rink for the New Year's Eve game on Monday. I was surprised when I walked in to see that the rink lights were still turned off, which is unusual when it's 2 hours to game time. I thought it was cool how just the Dogs logo at centre ice seemed to be illuminated with a cool glow. Yes I know it was just one light, but it still looked cool.

It was sure pretty to watch as the Dogs beat the Caps 5-1.

With 13:00 left in the game it was still a 1-1 tie, but Marcello Ranallo made it 2-1 with a banker from behind the goalline, before Eliot Raibl just got the puck on goal on the power play.

James Kerr and Zack Mazo would finish the scoring, with two goals that were a lot more than just numbers on the scoreboard in my opinion- they were examples of WHY this team has been competing hard and winning games- EFFORT HEART DESIRE - as both goals were scored on beauty second efforts.

For more on the last three games check out the Bulldogs website and my latest WEEKLY RECAP write up.
_________________________________________________________________
I'll be spending some time today at the local Shaw TV studios to do some work to prepare the latest Bulldogs Show ready to go to air as part of "The Daily" on Shaw Channel 4 in Port Alberni. Shot by Jen Fortin after the morning skate on New Year's Eve, the latest show features the "California Connection" - Adam Hout, Mark Morikawa, and Josh Pineiro. We also talk to Bryant Perrier from the Dogs coaching staff, about what these players are all about. Besides new hairdo's. I will post an update when I have a more concrete idea as to when the show will first air.

Josh Pineiro shows off his new 'do as Adam Hout looks on and says "what did you DO!"

haha, that's great stuff.
_______________________________________________________________
courtesy: nanaimoclippers.com


Details are scarce as the Nanaimo Clippers host the Swedish U17 team tonight at the Frank Crane Arena at 7:30. The Clippers haven't updated their site since before the holiday break, but they've had a pretty busy schedule lately. Here's a link to a great story on the game from the Nanaimo Daily News, by Scott Brown:

Styles Collide in International hockey battle

It's good that the story sheds some light on how these games were organized as I've been asked plenty of times how Port Alberni - the HOST CITY for next year's World U17 Championships - doesn't get a game with the Swedish U17 team when they are all around the Island for a week.
I'm not part of the U17 committee and I don't know any details on this I'm afraid.

I'll be heading down to the catch the game, so I'll share my thoughts on it tonight or tomorrow, along with a couple pictures.
_________________________________________________________________
As I finish this it's Canada 3, Finland 2, in the third period of today's quarter final game at the World Juniors. Come on fellas!

That's it for today
Hammer

No comments: