Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dogs vs Chiefs brawl- I owe the referee an apology.

Good ole Youtube. Someone has posted the start of the second period brawl between the Bulldogs and Chiefs from Sunday afternoon in Langley. GOOD. I really needed to see it, just to confirm what I thought I saw.....And also to help me out as to what I DID NOT see.

I was too busy at the beginning of the Moriarty "jumping" to even notice it was happening. I was distracted by watching a heavyweight tilt at centre ice with two bonafide all-league tough guys where Isaac Smeltzer was taking it to Jesse Tresierra. (my opinion, of course, and opinions are like you know whats and everybody has one) I REALLY wish I could see the video from the start of that fight. By the time I looked to my left, Coleton Thielmann was already pummelling Moriarty up against the glass as you see on the video, and then on the ice, as you also clearly see, before help arrived.

WHY I must apologize to the official- I maintained on the air that the referee didn't do enough to try and prevent the situation, especially how it ended. You can clearly see on the video that the referee is doing his best to stand between Thielmann from fighting Moriarty in the beginning.
I will give him credit for that, and aknowledge my error in saying he did nothing to avoid what happened. In my defense, you'll see on the video that he promptly DESERTED him and then it got really stupid in the end. In the officials defense, it was an ugly situation, and he might've been concerned with an all out line brawl or even a bench brawl erupting.

This portion of video proves exactly what I said- Daniel Moriarty did nothing. Gloves on, still had his stick, took a beating. A borderline assault actually.

So how does the referee justify giving him a fighting penalty to kick him out of the game?

He can't. See for yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chiefs Suck! Chiefs Suck!