Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Holiday pictures.....on holidays again+Bulldogs news

Hello, and thanks for stopping by! I hope your summer is going well wherever you may be. Mine has been busy but fun. Fresh off of one holiday back to my hometown to visit my family, I put in another two weeks of work. Here I sit again frantically packing to go on holidays again, this time out to Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara Falls and area for my fiances brother's wedding and some sightseeing.

They say that nothing is as boring as pictures of someone else's vacation. Well, I apologize in advance because that's about all I have for you. I will hopefully make it less boring by throwing in a couple of hockey things.


Departing from Comox. ByeBye Island!

Discovered these in the Winnipeg Airport waiting to fly to The 'Flon. Jersey Chair- very cool.


This was on the back of my seat on my Winnipeg-Flin Flon flight. I just HAD to take a picture of this.

I'm sitting in the same plane as the one I'm taking a picture of.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking........face to face with you"

Final approach to YFO Flin Flon, about 1 mile from our house

About 1 kilometer from my house, I took this picture from the top of the "scenic tower" It's 200 or so stairs to hike up to the tower perched atop a huge rock face. Then it's about 6 or 7 flights of stairs up to the deck of the tower. Looking West, you can see THE STACK on the right, the Smoke Stack from the mine in the city of Flin Flon.

Teammates of my father on the 1968-70 Flin Flon Bombers Bobby Clarke and Reggie Leach. This is painted on a rock face in the middle of the city.

The next two pictures are the desktop background or screen saver, if you will, to my youth. Both of these pictures are from my parents front deck. Not until I left did I truly realize how lucky I had it growing up.


Flying home, Whistler below in the next couple of pics, one of the sites for the 2010 Olympic Games.



sunshine coast

Ah, back to the beautiful Island again!

Powell River, looking more beautiful than how I usually see it during hockey season

Alaska Cruise?

Last two, final approach back to Comox and the Island!



That's all I have for pictures! I hope it wasn't too boring. The shock of the holiday had to be when I managed to check my email (on mom and dads 26k dial up) and I saw that Dave Whistle had resigned. I was saddened by this as Dave is a great person and a great person to work with. I was excited to see what he could accomplish this upcoming season after getting back into the Junior game last year. Yes, last season wasn't one to remember. It was however one to LEARN from and I think Dave had all the tools to be a great coach at this level. I haven't have a chance to talk to Dave to see what the future holds for him and his family but I wish them great luck and success.

I will post again once I'm back from our holiday to the "center of the universe" Take care and thanks for reading! As always feel free to drop me an email HERE

Take care,
Hammer

No comments: