Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hello from Langley! Matt Auerbach and Jim Hiller interviews!

Hello all and thanks for stopping by the blog. The Bulldogs look to snap a four game winless streak tonight after dropping a 6-5 decision last night in Burnaby to the Express. The Dogs came out and layed an egg- down 5-0 after one period. They didn't play BAD, but they didn't play GREAT. Moral of the story? Don't play great and sometimes you don't get the bounces, or you don't deserve the bounces. It won't be easy tonight in Langley. Harvey Smyl and crew are doing what they do best, simply out working the opposition and winning. The Dogs are 0 and 2 in Langley this year. The season series is in favour of the Chiefs 3-2, after they won in Port Alberni last Thursday 4-2. That was another game where the Dogs played WELL, but not WELL ENOUGH. They got caught flat coming into period two, and Langley killed them with 3 goals in the first five minutes. After that it was all over. SIXTY MINUTES! How long has that been the number one problem for the Dogs?

Tonight in Langley my second intermission guest will be Ross Beebe AKA "Rosco" the educational advisor for the Langley Chiefs. Rosco is a walking encyclopedia of NCAA rules and regulations, so you don't want to miss this interview. We will talk about the BCHL All-Star game Wednesday in Surrey, and we'll also get some tips from Rosco on what young players out there should be doing if they hope to go the BCHL/NCAA route. Rosco's efforts can be seen throughout NCAA and professional hockey in North America (and I'm sure beyond) with the number of Chilliwack Chiefs he has helped get to the next level with their education. Rosco also works with the BCHL and Global Sports Camp in an educational advisor role. If you miss the interivew in the second intermission tonight I will be sure to podcast it here on the blog in the future.

Now, to some great interviews from "alumni" of the Bulldog program. Over the last couple of games I managed to catch up with former Bulldog trainer/equipment manager/athletic therapist Matt Auerbach, now with the Chilliwack Bruins of the WHL. Certianly miss Matt's friendship and comraderie on the road and at home, but at the same time I know myself and the rest of the Bulldogs fanbase and family are proud of him getting to the next level. The same must be said for former Bulldog coach and now Chilliwack Bruin head coach Jim Hiller. From us to you gentlemen, GET THOSE BRUINS IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Click the links below to listen to the Auerbach/Hiller interviews.

All audio courtsey and copyright 2007, 93.3 The Peak FM.

MATT AUERBACH

JIM HILLER



Thanks to Matty and Jim or their time, and again, good luck!

If you know any former Bulldogs out there and their contact information, please pass that along to me or get them to email me HERE

Also, please submit any pictures, questions, comments, complaints and so on and so forth to the above email address!

I will upload a couple more pictures in the future and add the pictures that didn't work from my last post. My apologies that I messed something up there. I would fix it now but here I am on the road, on my laptop, without the pictures.

GO DOGS
Hammer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like may is playing better between the pipes. glad harry is back. tough going right now. ouch.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping a win is waiting for the team tonight. They sure need it.
I know you don't deal with Fanzone broadcasts, Hammer, but what are the odds that they will be available in time for the pre-game show tonight?
Everytime I try to tune in they don't have the link available until at least the middle of the first period.
Good Luck tonight!